Cultivate a Container Water Garden
You can experience the joys of a pond on your patio or terrace with very little effort by creating a container water garden. Begin by selecting a variety of plants and an interesting container. With the simple addition of a pump, you can create a customised water garden in any outdoor space. Ensure that the location receives five to six hours of sunlight every day.
- Ensure the container is water tight by using a sealant or liner.
- Fit pump with riser stem, fountain head and filter foam.
- Position the pump in the centre of the container and add in the plants - use bricks or an old terracotta pot to lift plants and pump off the bottom, and so that the foliage and fountain head are above the waterline.
- Use planting bags to plant pond plants (as desired)
- Fill the container with water until the pump is completely submersed. Plug in the pump & adjust the fl ow of the fountain by turning the control on the riser stem.
- Finish off by adding floating plants.
- Varies due to container size
Materials & equipment required:
- A container 30-to-60cm wide by 30-to-40cm deep or bigger.
- Laguna Pond Fountain Pump Kit PT8150
- Flexible liner or sealant.
- Decorative stones & pebbles.
- Laguna planting bags or baskets.
- Aquatic plants such as sweet flag, giant arrowhead, parrot feather & water lettuce.
- 5 to 6 hours of sunlight every day.